Friday, December 31, 2010

res·o·lu·tion

[rez-uh-loo-shun]-noun


  1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organisation, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
  2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
  3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
  4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.  
  5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts. 
Essentially a resolution, be it a New Year's one or any other, is making a decision and acting on it. Obviously none of my previous New Year's resolutions must have been very good - because I can't remember any of them. In fact, I don't think I've ever made a serious New Year's resolution - probably because I've never been very good at following through. But I'm about to change all that.

In 2011 I have decided to act on the following:
  1. Think more ideas
  2. Execute more ideas
  3. Write more
  4. Get my art collection framed
  5. Finish uni
Maybe this time next year I'll be able to say I made some decisions and acted on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment