Monday, August 8, 2011

12 Weeks of Food Torture: Day 1

12 Weeks of Food Torture: Day 1, clockwise from top:
Grilled Salmon with Sweet Potato Mash and Baby Spinach Leaves; Protein Shake; Pistachio shells

Today marks the first day of my final uni semester, as well as the first day of the 12 week fitness programme and cutting diet I am attempting in order to ensure that I am in the best shape of my life this summer (and for Miss Pin Up Australia, should I make the finals).

For those of you who know me personally, you'll know that I consider myself quite a foodie and take more photos of what I eat than most people have actual meals. So going on a cutting diet (ie dropping fat while minimising loss of muscle) that restricts all the good stuff might seem like a pretty wild thing for me to do - but this isn't the first time I've done it, there's a goal at the end and I'll be able to enjoy all my treats again for a few months over summer (I should also mention that this diet isn't a diet alone - it's combined with 4 weight training sessions and  4-5 hours of cardio a week under the supervision of a personal trainer).

A friend of mine asked me to post what I eat and recipes I come up with on my blog because much as my diet is pretty restricted, I still try to be creative with my food (because I love cooking!). It might be a long way from my epic pork belly roasts, but if I don't get creative, I'll get bored (and that's when the cravings creep in). So I'll try to post everything here, which has two benefits: 1) a food diary for myself so I can keep tabs on what I'm eating, and 2) a great way to keep track of my high protein low carb recipes.

Day 1
Meal 1: 2 x Boiled Eggs w/ Smoked Salmon
Meal 2: Protein Shake (Propeptide Choc Malt)
Meal 3: Grilled Salmon w/ Sweet Potato Mash & Baby Spinach Leaves
Meal 4: 1 x Pear & 1 handful of Pistachios
Meal 5: Chicken and Green Salad w/ Tahini
Meal 6: Protein Shake (Propeptide Choc Malt)


Activity
Weights: Chest & Biceps

No comments:

Post a Comment