This semester at uni will (hopefully) see me complete my Bachelor of Design. Considering I'm taking on four 3rd year subjects, it's going to be an interesting couple of months. But the bigger picture is that I'll be able to graduate at the end of it.
As with past semesters, I'll continue to use this blog as both a folio and an ideas diary. This works particularly well because one subject, Furniture Design, requires students to keep a blog of work for the semester (so I'll try to keep things relatively clean from here on).
The Furniture Design unit aims to explore the principals of design and design methodologies associated with the furniture manufacturing industry. The unit will focus on creative thinking, design for production, human factors and developing concepts for a specific target market. It will provide students with an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills required for the communication of design ideas
using a variety of both physical and digital mediums and further develop professional project
management skills.
Students will gain knowledge of furniture design, ergonomics, component manufacture, assembly methodologies, material and process specification and project management.
I'm slightly sickened by the part of the brief that mentions using 3D CAD. If you know of a good CAD tutor, please leave me a comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment