I'm happy to announce my workshop induction is complete! I'm officially approved to use the uni workshop to make my chair. They even gave me some samples of steel rod that are approx. what I'll use in my spec. Speaking of my material spec, I'm pretty sure after discussing my ideas with the guys in the workshop, this is what I'll use:
Frame: 10mm or 12mm Mild Steel Rod (bent using jigs made in the workshop)
Fixings: MIG Weld (welded in the workshop)
Finish: Matt Black Powder Coat (outsource) OR Matt Black Spray Coat (sprayed in the workshop)
Seat: String/Yarn/Cord (TBA)
Seat Back: String/Yarn/Cord (TBA)
I'm planning to start building concept models with wire this weekend, and ideally I'd like to have a 90% complete chair design and materials ordered by the mid-semester break with the intent to begin build the first week back from holidays. I'm also planning to build a full size electrical pipe prototype during the holidays. Perhaps slightly optimistic, but I have so much work on this semester, I need to get cracking.



No comments:
Post a Comment