This week I've been attempting to make some abstract chair models based on my idea of reinterpreting the shape FLER TVS Chair. What I hope to gain out of doing this is a better understanding of how the final chair could look in a relatively quick 3D view (quicker for me than trying to render something in CAD that's for certain!).
I'm making these tiny chairs from florist's wire and tape. Sounds like a pretty weird way to make a model, but it's easier than gluing and sticky taping wire (that didn't work at all!). Although I don't feel as though I've found the ideal interpretation of the FLER TVS chair back/arm rests supported by the legs, I'm gaining new ideas with each new model I make. I'm sure that with a few more models, I'll get the back shape right and be able to move forward with working out the engineering so that the chair actually supports the weight of a person sitting on the chair!


No comments:
Post a Comment